Human Growth & Development – QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N1279)
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
28th, 29th September & 5th, 6th October 2019
(09:30-17:00 each day)
This course is designed for:
- Those who wish to work in a number of different care settings including childcare, healthcare and residential care settings
- Those who wish to pursue further studies in related fields
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the concept of human development from conception to old age
- Understand normal patterns of development from infancy to old age
- Explore their own personal prejudices, fears and anxieties about working with people in need of care
- Develop interpersonal/interactive skills appropriate to responding to the needs of others
- Apply skills and knowledge to typical work based problems
- Develop self-confidence and empathy in dealing with people
The course is broken down into the following units:
1. The psychology of Childhood
2. The psychology of Adolescence
3. The psychology of Adulthood
The course will be delivered through in class theory sessions.
Assessment will be split between two assignments that demonstrate the students understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes and also a theory based examination.
The course will be delivered over 4 days.
On successful completion of this course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Human Growth and Development
Having successfully completed this course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Students
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.