Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) Course Code: 5N1794
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates:
11th, 12th, 18th & 19th May 2019
16th, 17th, 23rd & 24th November 2019
(all four dates inclusive of 1 course)
(09:30 - 17:00 each day)
This Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) course is designed for:
- Those wishing to complete QQI Level 5 Major Awards in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies
- Those who require a solid foundation in Occupational Health and Safety
- Those with a responsibility in their workplace for Health and Safety
Learners who successfully complete this Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) course will:
- Understand the concepts of safety and health
- Recognise the factors that influence health, safety and welfare
- Apply the principles and procedures of health and safety to the workplace
- Understand the importance of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Promote safe working practices and procedures
- Be familiar with core legislation in the area of safety, health and welfare
The Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) course covers the following topics:
2. The Health and Safety Authority
3. Hazard identification, risk assessment and control measures
4. Health and Safety management
5. Accidents in the workplace
6. Manual Handling
7. Workplace Hazards
8. Health Promotion
The Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) course will be delivered through in class theory sessions.
Assessment of the Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) course will be split between two assignments that demonstrate the students understanding and application of a range of specific learning outcomes and also a theory based examination.
The Safety & Health at Work (QQI Level 5) course will be delivered over 4 days split over 4 weeks. Students will also be required to carry out work experience in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment requirements.
On successful completion of this course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Safety and Health at Work.
Having successfully completed this course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018:
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.