Communications – QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N0758)
Communications Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
12th, 13th, 19th & 20th September 2020 (all four dates inclusive of 1 course)
(09:30 - 17:00 each day)
This Communications course is designed for learner's to:
- Improve their communication skills in the workplace and in an organisational setting
- Acquire communication skills relevant to vocational and personal development
- Acquire the skills and confidence to convey and interpret meaning, in writing, orally and visually
- Develop a critical awareness of communications messages and media
Learners who successfully complete this Communications course will:
- Develop an awareness of the essential role played by communication in human interaction
- Understand the communicative principles and practices involved in gathering and relaying information
- Explore the use of modern communication and information technology, and its application in personal and vocational life
The Communications course is broken down into 4 units:
- Listening and Speaking
- Reading and Writing
- Non-Verbal and Visual Communication
- Communications Technology
The Communications course will be delivered over 4 days.
The assessment for this Communications course will be split between a theory based examination and written assignments which will require students to demonstrate their understanding and application of knowledge acquired during the course.
The Communications course will be delivered through in class learning.
On successful completion of this Communications course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Communications
Having successfully completed this Communications course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
- Introduction to Nursing
- Care Support
- Occupational First Aid
- Healthcare Support (Major Award)
- Nursing Studies (Major Award)
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018:
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.