Infection Prevention & Control – QQI Level 5
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
25th, 26th May, 1st & 2nd June 2019(all four dates inclusive of 1 course)
(09:30 - 17:00 each day)
This Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 course is designed for:
- Professionals working in a healthcare setting
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting
Learners who successfully complete this Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 module will:
- Understand what the area of Infection Control means and its importance for every member of the Healthcare team
- Have a better understanding of the basic principles of infection control and be able to apply standard precautions in relation to infection control
- Be aware of the importance of infection prevention and control in providing a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Be aware of healthcare-associated infection
- Understand their own role in the prevention of the spread of infection
The Infection Prevention and Control - QQI Level 5 module is broken down into 4 units:
- Basic Microbiology
- Principles of Infection Control: Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Precautions
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Health Management: Corporate and Individual Responsibility in relation to Infection Prevention and Control
This Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 course will be delivered through in class face to face learning.
The assessment for this Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 course will be split between a theory based examination and two assignments which will require students to demonstrate their understanding and application of knowledge acquired during the course.
The Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 course will be delivered over 4 days (09:30 - 17:00 each day).
On successful completion of this Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Infection Prevention & Control
Having successfully completed this Infection Prevention and Control- QQI Level 5 course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.