Care Support – QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N0758)
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
27th, 28th April & 4th May 2019 (all 3 dates inclusive of 1 course)
(09:30 - 17:00 each day)
This Care Support course is designed for:
- Carers working with Older People
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
Learners who successfully complete this Care Support course will:
- Understand the responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Recognise the need for continuing development in care work, drawing on personal reflection and experience
- Promote good practice and respect diversity in the care setting
- Understand the importance of working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate and deal with people in ways that are consistent with the role of a carer
The Care Support course is broken down into 4 units:
- Relating to the Client
- Reflection and Development
- Working with Others
- Working in Care
Students will have the opportunity to complete a work placement in order to gain practical experience and to complete their learner records for the course.
The Care Support course will be delivered through in class learning and practical work experience.
Assessment will be split between students compiling a learner record while on work experience and an assignment to be carried out that is devised by the course tutor.
The Care Support course will be delivered over 4 days split over 4 weeks. Students will also be required to carry out work experience in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment requirements.
On successful completion of this Care Support course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Care Support
Having successfully completed this Care Support course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Care of the Older Person
- Occupational First Aid
- Healthcare Support (Major Award)
- Nursing Studies (Major Award)
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018:
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.