Care Skills – QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N2770)
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
29th, 30th August, 5th , 6th September 2020 (all 4 dates inclusive of 1 course)
(09:30 :17:00 each day)
This Care Skills course is designed for:
- Carers currently employed in a healthcare setting
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
Learners who successfully complete this Care Skills course will:
- Recognise the personal care needs of clients
- Respond effectively to clients’ individual needs, with their involvement and use choice
- Acquire practical skills in the area of client personal care
- Maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients
- Appreciate the models of care
- Be aware of nursing ethics and etiquette in care situations
- Communicate effectively in ways that are consistent with the carer's role
The Care Skills course covers the following:
- Unit 1: Understanding Client Care
- Unit 2: Using Equipment
- Unit 3: Assisting Skills
Students will have the opportunity to complete a work placement in order to gain practical experience and to complete their learner records for the course.
The Care Skills course will be delivered through in class learning and practical work experience.
Assessment will be split between a Skills Demonstration and a theory based assignments.
The Care Skills course will be delivered over 4 days split over 4 weeks. Students will also be required to carry out work experience in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment requirements.
On successful completion of this Care Skills course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Care Skills.
Having successfully completed this Care Skills course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
- Care of the Older Person
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Occupational First Aid
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018:
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.