Care of the Older Person – QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N2706)
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
13th, 14th, 20th & 21st July 2019 (all four dates inclusive of 1 course)
(09:30 :17:00 each day)
This Care of the Older Person course is designed for:
- Carers working with Older People
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
- Family members caring for relatives in a home setting
Learners who successfully complete this Care of the Older Person course are equipped to:
- Demonstrate good work practices in the provision of individualised holistic care for older people
- Understand the concept of the ageing process
- Be able to meet the full range of needs of older people in a variety of care settings
- Enhance the quality of life of the older person
The Care of the Older Person course is broken down into 4 units:
- The Ageing Process
- Working with the Older Person
- Caring for the Older Person with Specific Needs
- Care Settings
Students have the opportunity to complete work experience (1-2 days) in order to gain practical experience and satisfy the assessment criteria for the course.
The Care of the Older Person course is delivered through both classroom theory and work based practical experience.
Students will be observed and assessed on a range of tasks in the workplace. Students are assessed based on their preparation, execution and communication while carrying out the task.
Students will be required to complete a project to evaluate their understanding and application of concepts studied throughout the course.
The course will be delivered over 4 days. One day a week for 4 weeks.
On successful completion of this course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Care of the Older Person.
Having successfully completed this course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
- Occupational First Aid
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Care Skills
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018:
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.