Palliative Care – QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769)
Course Fee €250
Upcoming Course Dates Galway
21st, 22nd, 28th & 29th November 2020
(09:30 - 17:00 each day)
This Palliative Care - QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769) course is designed for:
- Carers currently employed in a healthcare setting
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
Learners who successfully complete this Palliative Care - QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769) course will:
- Provide holistic care for persons diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and in the last days of a person’s life and also for their families, carers and significant others
- Communicate effectively with persons with a life-limiting illness and in the last days of a person’s life and also with their families, carers and significant others
- Enhance the quality of life of the person with a life-limiting illness
- Recognise and respect the uniqueness of each person’s approach to death
- Work effectively as part of the healthcare team
The Palliative Care - QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769) course covers the following:
Unit 1: Working with a Palliative Care Approach
Unit 2: Communication Skills
Unit 3: Death and Dying
Unit 4: Bereavement Care
Students will have the opportunity to complete a work placement in order to gain practical experience and to complete their learner records for the course.
The Palliative Care - QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769) course will be delivered through in class learning and practical work experience.
Assessment will be split between a Skills Demonstration and a theory based assignments.
The Palliative Care - QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769) course will be delivered over 4 days split over 4 weeks. Students will also be required to carry out work experience in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment requirements.
On successful completion of this Palliative Care - QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3769) course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Palliative Care.
Having successfully completed this course, students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support or Nursing Studies.
NOTE: New QQI booking Policy July 2018
**ALL COURSES MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID IN FULL 8 DAYS BEFORE A MODULE COMMENCEMENT DATE**
QQI courses will only run subject to minimum booking numbers being met. If minimum numbers have not been met 8 days prior to the course commencement date, unfortunately we will postpone course to a later date in the year. To ensure your chosen course runs, please have you booking form and full payment to us well in advance and no later than 8 days prior to course commencement date.